Monday, February 19
last blog standing
10 years ago, blogs were all the rage. Everybody had one...
Now people (including me) have switched to social media. I'm the only person I know who still has a TAGBOARD. I don't know if old readers are checking this page anymore, and my lack of posts don't really help with that
I still like blogs. You
bother to physically come to this page and read my long rants. I like taking control of the layouts, formats and the way I tell my stories. It's the one place I feel like I'm talking to people who care about me. 🌷
I have so many things to write about. Lots of positive things, too. But I only think about posting here when I have something to complain about. It's probably because this blog used to be my safe space for my kind-of-private thoughts - usually negative thoughts. I'm working to put in more positive things.
SERIOUSLY. 10 YEARS LIAO LEH.
I'm sure I have much fewer readers than before, but seeing posts on my tagboard makes me ultra happy. Thank you!
new blog layout
I'm not giving up yet. I'm planning a new blog layout! Yeah yeah I've been talking about it, but it's high on my priority list now okay! Which could be why I don't feel like posting as much. Seeing this blog layout I designed 10 years ago makes me
My goal is...
People who care about me can be updated about my life with minimal effort.
So, what do you think of these improvements?
- Email notifications: Instead of checking here for posts, you could sign up for an email that tells you about new posts (probably once or twice a month)
- Embedded social media: It would be nice to see the latest few updates from my Twitter, Instagram etc. on a small section of the blog. This blog mightn't seem so static and lifeless anymore.
- Mobile friendly layout: Possibly? This is a bit taboo but I think many desktop layouts work decently well for mobile already. Some websites try to be "mobile friendly" and dumb their websites down. I still want people to be able to access full content on their phones. Do you have trouble navigating my blog on your phone? 🤔 Let me know!
- Tagboard: I want make scrolling down end with the tagboard still in view. Maybe on Mobile, I'll add a button that lets you pop it up wherever you are on the page.
- More visual improvements Know anything I should include in my new blog image? CATS AND KEANU REEVES WILL STAY SO DON'T WORRY. I want to feature doodles of my cat, lavender, makeup, rainbows, stationery, computers and more cute things. I guess some things haven't changed
If there is anything else you think I can improve on, let me know!!
Labels: blog, design, layout
◀ Previous posts
Newer posts ▶