Tuesday, March 26
Someone at work said a nice thing to me today. She said, "You look like you're a model. Have you done any modeling before?"
I didn't know what to say.
At 26 it was nice to hear that!!
When I was in school I had many pretty friends. I wish I was pretty like them. Now I've grown to accept my flat facial features, protruding eyeballs and aging skin.
I still religiously put on skincare and makeup every day, but beauty is longer a focus of mine. I don't take that many selfies anymore! I guess, at work, looking nice doesn't seem to get you taken more seriously.
My first design talk
With my designer friend I gave a design talk at YouTube!!
I did a live design demo, which was nerve wracking but I'm glad I did it.
People learnt stuff from us!! We got a 4.8/5 rating.
I'm so proud.
I plan to do 2 more this year
- One in Singapore about my personal UX journey at Google
- One later in the year to Google about UX/Engineer collaboration
I got a Samsung S10 now!! It's gorgeous.
I just made a custom skin!!
I sit very close to two dogs
This is hiro, he is is an 8 year old forever puppy!! he's quiet and super cute
This is Maya, she's the sweetest chihuahua!
Sesame turned 4 recently! :)
I was in Switzerland!
I ate the best sushi in my life, Sushi Yoshizumi.
A Michelin star at San Mateo!
More work pics lmao. Here's YouTube's new lobby
Also went to Seattle.
Getting over stress
I was in a crazy anxiety mode the past few months, feeling inferior and lousy compared to my younger friends who've progressed further in their career. I'm so competitive and scared of failure, and performance reviews really do a number on me.
But I have to remind myself that...
- I overcame challenges unique to me, and it's not fair to compare myself to others.
- I love my team and they love me too, and that's what matters most.
- I'm talented, and I should keep doing what I'm passionate about. And have fun!
- I work on the coolest product ever. Not every Googler gets to work in Gaming!
- A few years won't matter to the entire span of my career.
I have to thank my supportive mentors and friends who got me out of my self-depreciating state. I'll most likely fall back into it again, but hopefully each time I get myself out of it a little faster.
I ALSO JUST DID ACCOUNTING AND TAXES AGGGHHH
I store my business expenses in a Google Sheet now omg
Labels: food, life, phone, photos, seattle, Selfies, switzerland, travel, work
◀ Previous posts